....No. I've come to realize that whenever I set a New Year's Resolution it never works. Sure, the first few days, sometimes even weeks, are great and I'm able to accomplish whatever "resolution" I've made for myself. Then, the motivation leaves, and alas, I'm back to where I started, making little to no progress on what I set out to accomplish.
Well...
This year I've decided not to make a resolution, but instead, make a new habit. I'm going to get organized - and I mean everything is going to get organized: house, purse, calendar/planner...you name it, and I'm going to make sure it gets organized. I'm going to call this, Project: Organization (I know, what a creative and unique name!), and I'm going to hold myself accountable by updating my progress here. Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to try to make a to-do-list for Project: Organization, and I'll share that with you as soon I finish my list.
The reason I've decided to start this project is because I'm tired of things not having a proper home. I'm tired of living in what FlyLady calls CHAOS - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. Now of course, I do have people over, but not before an hour long 'hurry up and clean before they get here' "party"; which, let me tell you, my husband just absolutely loves! I would love to be able to hear that someone is on their way over and sit back and relax, while waiting upon their arrival. Therefore, I have decided that PO (Project: Organization), is my new project and I hope to have it finished by the end of the year. I will be sure to post before and after pictures of my mini-projects.
Note: If I have inspired you to start your own organization project, feel free to e-mail me what you plan to do and any before and after pictures. Or, if you are an organized junkie and would like to share organizational tips/pictures, please e-mail them to me as well. All tips and pictures sent will be given credit to whomever credit is due.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment