After DH and I tickle, snuggle, kiss, and play with LM, I sneak out of the bedroom and make my way to the kitchen, hoping LM doesn't notice (he's not a very happy camper when he see's me leave the room). While DH is playing and keeping Little Man happy, I make breakfast. This morning I made whole wheat pancakes (I would've added blueberries but I was all out) and some eggs.
Mmmm Mmmm. Boy was it good. In-case you don't know, I'm trying to watch how many calories I eat, as well as eat healthier. So far I'm doing really well. Two tools that I use to help me do this are the Biggest Loser Cookbooks.
The pancake recipe came from this book and they were delicious. I made 4 batches of them and put some in the freezer to have for breakfast during the week. Two pancakes (I doubled the amount of batter per pancake because I like larger pancakes - the recipe has 4 pancakes per serving, but 2 of my large pancakes would equal 1 serving) are 1 serving and their caloric intake is very low!
One serving of pancakes is only 140 calories. I also had two eggs, which are 78 calories per egg, for 156 calories.
So....
Pancakes: 140 calories
Eggs: 156 calories
Total: 296 calories
My total caloric intake for this meal was 296 calories!
No comments:
Post a Comment